CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Garden Tending

I started this post a while ago, so I guess I should finish it up. This is my garden as of the 20th of May. It has grown quite a bit since then. We've had a lot of rain which has defiantly helped! My cucumbers have gotten pretty big and needed something to climb on so they don't take over the whole garden. I had my husband put together this little net for them to climb on. It seems to work well.

Jason also was kind enough to make this cover for my garden to keep out whatever pest was eating my veggies. He didn't really like how it turned out, but I think it looks great. & it certainly does the job, some of my lettuce has started growing back.

I've noticed some little bugs in my garden and had this recipe from one of my garden group sessions. I had all the stuff to make it so I did. I'm hoping it helps, so I'll let you know. If you'd like to try, the recipe is below.
2 TBSP of hot sauce
Few drops of liquid soap
Water
Mix all ingredients together, let sit for 24 hours. Shake and spray on garden.

I have no idea how much water to use, so I just used a 16 oz bottle of water. I sprayed it on my garden today (May 28th) and breathing it almost killed me, so I think it should work.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andrea

Thanks for remding me about the spray! I need to do that. Hope it really works. Every time it rains I'm just so happy I don't have to water the garden!

He & Me + 3

I should tell my brother about that spray. & the fencing. Last year black squirrels ate all his garden. I think he managed to grab like 6 tomatoes and 2 peppers all season long. Kindof funny, but sad too.