Here is a picture of my first sprouts of spinach and my box.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Watch Me Grow
This year, I joined our church gardening group and started a garden. I have never done this before, so we will see how it turns out. We are all trying this new, or new to us anyway, method of gardening by Mel Bartholomew called Square Foot Gardening. You make a 4 foot square box with 2x4s and plant your garden in it. You can read more about it on his website by clicking here. I'm excited to watch my garden grow. I've planted tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, green peppers, spinach, and strawberries, all by seeds. We will see how good they grow. If you have any gardening advice, please clue me in. I need all the help I can get!!
Here is a picture of my first sprouts of spinach and my box.

Here is a picture of my first sprouts of spinach and my box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Woolverton Girl
- Killeen, Texas, United States
- I'm a stay-at-home Mom of two crazy boys! We are always on the go, living and learning. I've been married for 10 years to my "high school sweetheart." I hate cooking, cleaning and any kind of confrontation. But, I love baking, scrapbooking, and spending time with my family. I also love my home here in Texas.
The Guys & Girl
Mason, Parker, Vanessa, Jason & Zander
Little Guy
Zander
Littler Guy
Mason
Littlest Guy
Due 11/7/2011
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(228)
-
▼
March
(27)
- Baby Blue Eyes
- Potty Party??!?
- 25 Free Photos
- 3 of 52
- Bluebonnets
- iHeartFaces-No Flash
- Scenic Sunday
- Whistle Stop Park
- 2 of 52
- Clip Masking
- Watch Me Grow
- Aunt Tay :)
- I Heart Faces - Green
- What's Happenin' @ Mimi's Place
- Grab my Button!
- Week 1 of 52
- Zander's Robot
- Mason First 3 Months
- Wasting Time
- i heart faces - Creative Crop
- Just FYI
- The Magic Age
- Pizza Night!
- So Sweet......
- Another New Toy
- Wacky Wendsday
- Let's Go Fly a Kite!
-
▼
March
(27)
Labels
Follow Me...
Powered by Blogger.

3 comments:
Aww look at those little baby spinach leaves. I've heard of this method before, it should be just the right size for you guys. Dave really likes the box, he was checking it out.
I'm going to do this! I'm going to start on it tonight (hopefully)! So excited!
What a great idea. so much satisfaction knowing YOU have grown your own food. Good for you and YAY for green shoots coming up already!
Post a Comment