So, I've been trying really hard to fully potty train Zander. He is really good, some days. But, he will not go #2 on the potty and he has days where he totally fights it & wants nothing to do with it. I've tried many bribes, but they only work for a few hours. He's interested for a little while, than it just wears off. While I was shopping at Walmart, yesterday, I found a book in the toddler section titled, "Potty Training Your Child in Just One Day." I bought it. And read it in one day. So know, I'm debating whether or not to try this "one day" process. According to the book, you throw a big "Potty Party," celebrating the departure of diapers and the introduction of "Big Boy Pants." To do this, you wake up in the morning and give your child a wrapped gift of doll. You spend the morning hours having your child teach the doll how to go potty, and reward the doll for sitting on the potty and for going pee or poop on the potty. In between this time, you watch videos, read books, and play games and activities that are associated with potty training. After lunch, you give them another wrapped gift of underwear. Now, it's their turn. They have to go practice sitting on the potty and using it. Of course, you are supposed to give rewards and lots of praise. They should catch on by this time and start using the potty. At about 6pm, you end the party with family and friends coming over to help throw away the diapers and open presents in celebration of your child becoming a "big boy (or girl)."
So, what do you think of this process?? There is a lot of expense involved, you have to buy a doll, new underwear, gifts (although the can be simple small things), party decorations, treats, and videos and books. Also you are supposed to do this with only you and the child at home. I wonder if anyone has ever done this and if it really works. So, if you have any thoughts please leave them here for me to read. Like I said, I'm not sure if I really want to do this or not.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Woolverton Girl
- Killeen, Texas, United States
- I'm a stay-at-home Mom of two crazy boys! We are always on the go, living and learning. I've been married for 10 years to my "high school sweetheart." I hate cooking, cleaning and any kind of confrontation. But, I love baking, scrapbooking, and spending time with my family. I also love my home here in Texas.
The Guys & Girl
Mason, Parker, Vanessa, Jason & Zander
Little Guy
Zander
Littler Guy
Mason
Littlest Guy
Due 11/7/2011
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(228)
-
▼
March
(27)
- Baby Blue Eyes
- Potty Party??!?
- 25 Free Photos
- 3 of 52
- Bluebonnets
- iHeartFaces-No Flash
- Scenic Sunday
- Whistle Stop Park
- 2 of 52
- Clip Masking
- Watch Me Grow
- Aunt Tay :)
- I Heart Faces - Green
- What's Happenin' @ Mimi's Place
- Grab my Button!
- Week 1 of 52
- Zander's Robot
- Mason First 3 Months
- Wasting Time
- i heart faces - Creative Crop
- Just FYI
- The Magic Age
- Pizza Night!
- So Sweet......
- Another New Toy
- Wacky Wendsday
- Let's Go Fly a Kite!
-
▼
March
(27)
Labels
Follow Me...
Powered by Blogger.

1 comments:
i don't have kids, so i really don't have a lot of advice to give, but honestly, the book sounds like a bunch of malarky. never known anyone to potty-train a kid in one day.
Post a Comment