CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just FYI

Jason has been home sick this week with a staph infection. Which is basically a skin infection that is very contagious. It started as a little boil on his right elbow and spread down his arm, making his whole arm swell to about twice the size of normal. He went to the doctor and was given two antibiotics to fight the infection. The swelling did not go down and the little boil turned into a quarter sized hole in his elbow and was oozing fluid. He returned to the doctor and they took a culture of the fluid and they gave him a antibiotic shot. They told him to come back the next day for another shot and he has an additional appointment on Monday to get the culture results and have the doctor exam the wound. The good news is that since he has been given the shots the swelling has almost totally gone away. But, it is now more painful, though, and the draining has increased. Overall, it looks to be getting better, but I will give you the update tomorrow after he returns from the doctors office. I'm just hoping the boys and I don't get infected with this!

3 comments:

Searls Stuff

Ouch! I hope he is well soon and the babies stay healthy!

Jess

Oh my, tell Jason we hope he feels all better soon, and girl just wash your hands as much as possible, that's what my Nana always tells me when the kiddos get sick:)

SDR

Man, I feel bad. I thought it might have been infection when his elbow was so hot. How is he doing now?