CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where's Mavis?

Zander is totally enthralled with Thomas the train. He loves to get out all his trains and play. I'm not very creative with setting up the track, I usually just do it exactly how it's supposed to be. But, Jason sets is up very different than me. He makes all kinds of twist and turns and makes the track bigger than I do. I'm guessing that's why he likes Daddy to do it :) He always plays a lot longer when Daddy puts the track together.
But, Zander always has one question when he's talking about Thomas the train. "Where's Mavis?" He has learned all the names to the trains from watching the videos. I'm guessing he really likes Mavis, because he tells everyone, "I don't have Mavis." So, I looked for him at Target today, just because I was curious how much he cost. They didn't have him. Amazon did, though, for $30! I couldn't believe it. He has the plastic set so he would need the "Take Along Mavis." For some reason, he was retired in 2005, so he is very expensive now. They have the wooden one for $10, but he wouldn't work very good on Zander's track. We may always be missing Mavis in our set :(

3 comments:

Andrea

Of course he would pick the one that is discontinued to be his favorite. I'll keep an eye out for you, if I ever see a Mavis I'll let you know.

Carin

That's too bad, Maybe a Mavis will show up for you somewhere. I sure like all the layouts you did, great job! And way to be so up to date. let's not go there with me LOL

He & Me + 3

My son was never into Thomas the train...but picked up one of the DVD's from the Library a few weeks ago and loved it. Now he is a fan. I hope you can find a Mavis for cheaper. Yikes. That train may break the bank.