When I was just a little girl, we lived in Germany. While we lived there, we formed a special bond with Jeni. She babysat us and was a close family friend. After moving to Texas, Jeni needed a place to stay, so she moved in with us for about a year. I think I was around 7 or 8 years old than. We lost contact with her after she moved. A little less than 2 years ago, Jeni found us, through my brothers website and my blog. We were all so very excited to hear from her!
She lives very close to were we were staying while on vacation, so we were able to meet up with her. It was a exciting and sweet experience for all of us. We have missed her so much!! We went to dinner and walked through the mall together. Her little girl and Zander played in the playcourt together while we visited. I'm so grateful that we have been reunited with her, she is like my older sister. It was bittersweet. We were all very sad to depart from each other after so long. But we really did enjoy seeing each other and hope to keep in touch this time.
Jeni & her daughter
Mason, Jeni, Debbie (Mom), Emily, Me, Taylor, & Zander
Me and the boys (Emi took this picture of us.)



3 comments:
What a sweet story. I'm so glad you found each other and got to visit while you were out there. Thank goodness for the internet, now you can continue to keep in touch :)
That is so cool that you got to meet up with her after all those years. Internet can be such a neat thing.
That is so great! I love to meet up with friends that I haven't seen in awhile! I bet you had a great time! I have met up with several friends and family via my blog and FB...it can be a great thing!
Post a Comment