CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update on Mason & Mommy

I saw the doctor again last Friday. She said my sugar levels are looking really good and that I only have to test them twice a day now. Whoo Hoo!! I was very happy to hear that. She also said that little Mason seems to be growing at a good rate and he may be a large baby. I wasn't surprised to hear that because Zander was bigger than average. She scheduled another ultrasound for the 17th of November. So, I get to have another peek at him before he gets here. That was exciting to hear as well. Than she told me that in 2 weeks I have to start coming for visits once a week and I have to have a non stress test done every time. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I looked it up and all that means is they will hook me up to a monitor to watch the baby's heart rate and see if I'm having any contractions. They do this to make sure the baby is not under any stress. Most women do not have this done, but I am considered high risk because of the gestational diabetes and because I developed pre-eclampsia at the end of my prior pregnancy. Having this test is just a precaution to make sure everything is progressing normally. So, there you have it, all the up to date information on little Mason and Mommy :)

0 comments: