CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oldie, But Goodie!


Jason's parents had a boat and used to take his brother & him out to the lake every weekend. Since the boys have grown up and moved out, the boat has not been used. Consequently, it has been sitting idle for about 8 years. Recently, Jason has been interested in getting a boat. I mentioned to him that he should try to see if he could get his Dad's boat running so we could use is instead of buying one. He tried, and succeeded. We took the boat out on Saturday and it ran beautifully! Zander really enjoyed it and we can't wait to take it out again!

This was the life vest Jason used to wear as a kid, isn't that cute!??!

Zander really wanted to drive. Daddy let him have a turn and we went round and round in circles. I guess Zander didn't know how to turn the wheel the other direction.

Zander sat up in the front of the boat most of the way. He was even falling asleep up there. I should have took a picture of that, but I didn't. He was sitting straight up with his eyes closed and his head bobbing. Poor guy, I guess the motion was making him tired.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andrea

That is a nice boat for just sitting there 8 years! Glad it ran so well for you guys. Boats always put me to sleep too.

McCrakensx4

That looks and sounds like so much fun! I like to go boating, but don't get to do it very often! Have fun and I can't wait to see more pictures of your fun on the boat! And that is so great that your hubby was able to get it up and running!

Searls Stuff

Wow! You got lucky this time. I guess it is sometimes a good thing when your parents hang on to old stuff. You are sure to create many wonderful memories for your little guys with that boat.

E @ Scottsville

Ahhhh, I recognize those Texas skies! They really are PRETTIER here, aren't they?

I'm soooo jealous about the boat. Can we come play, too? As you know - we love the water! =0)

Enjoy that boat! Vrrroooom!