CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mason Garrett


Mason has arrived. He decided he wasn't going to let someone else pick his birthday! Sunday night, I started having contractions, but they weren't regular, so I didn't really think anything of it. Jason and I went to bed and after laying there for about 30 minutes, my water broke. I told Jason and we got dressed and ready to go to the hospital. Mom came over to stay with Zander until we called to tell them to head up to the hospital to meet Mason. We arrived to the hospital about midnight and I was having pretty hard contractions about 4 minutes apart. When they checked me around 1:30 am I was at 3 cm dilated and fully effaced. The on call doctor decided she need to come do the c-section, so the team was notified and she started heading to the hospital. At 2 am, everyone was ready and I was having more contractions and feeling lots of pressure at that point. They checked me again and I was 7 cm. They took me to the OR to get my spinal in at that point. I was very relieved to finally have the pain subside. I was prepped and Jason was allowed in. After about 20 minutes, they started pulling Mason out. Jason got to see them take him out. Mason was crying as soon as they got his head out. He didn't even wait until he was fully delivered. He was welcomed to the world at 2:45 am on December 1st. He weighed 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 18 1/2 in long. He was not as big as they expected, but he is perfect! Zander loves his baby brother and we are happy to have him home with us!

5 comments:

Andrea

He is so beautiful and perfect, you got some great photos. Thanks for sharing I know you are tired.

Jess

He is absolutely adorable, we are so happy for your family to finally have your new addition to the family. We can't wait to meet him:) Lot of Hugs and I hope your starting to feel back to normal.

Anonymous

Congratulations. I can't wait to see him.

Tiffany

Omigoodness! Congratulations you guys!! What a beautiful family you have. Go give those babies some smooches and get some zzz's! Love ya!!!

Valerie

He is super cute! Congratulations!