Because today, October 15 is Blog Action Day, and the theme this year is the environment, here is my contribution. If you have a blog and want to join in, all you have to do is use today to post something related to the environment, in whatever way, shape, or form you prefer.
I recently read in my Parents magazine that there are 100 billion plastic bags thrown away every year (and that's just in the U.S.). Did you know that these bags can last up to 1,000 years! Plastic bags don’t biodegrade, they photodegrade—breaking down into smaller and smaller toxic bits contaminating soil and waterways and entering the food web when animals accidentally ingest. To read more on the subject, click here http://www.reusablebags.com/facts.php.
There is a great solution that I think we should all try. I know it may not be easy or cheap, and possible you cold look silly to others, but you will be helping the environment and our childrens future. So, what can you do? It's simple, buy resuable bags and bring them along with you when you go shopping. Hence the title, BYOB. Get it? There are many websites that sell these types of bags. My favorite was envirosax.com. Take a look: http://usa.envirosax.com/. This is not the only one though, you can also buy some at the website I listed above or givegreener.com and yansny.com.
I showed this to Jason and he was like, "Are you going to do that?" I thought: well, probably not, but since I've made this post, I'm gonna do it! So, please join me and maybe I won't look so out of place at the stores. If you don't want to buy bags, you can use ones you already have or make your own. You could also ask for paper bags instead of using the plastic ones. They are more environmentally freindly.
Think Green, and be a "Bag Lady!"
About Me
- Woolverton Girl
- Killeen, Texas, United States
- I'm a stay-at-home Mom of two crazy boys! We are always on the go, living and learning. I've been married for 10 years to my "high school sweetheart." I hate cooking, cleaning and any kind of confrontation. But, I love baking, scrapbooking, and spending time with my family. I also love my home here in Texas.
The Guys & Girl
Mason, Parker, Vanessa, Jason & Zander
Little Guy
Zander
Littler Guy
Mason
Littlest Guy
Due 11/7/2011
Labels
Follow Me...
Powered by Blogger.

2 comments:
Awesome post Vanessa, I think using your own bags is so great. I have some but unfortunately forget them all the time. I need to make an effort to remember to keep them with me. There are some really cute ones out there and you can also easily sew your own. Thanks for posting this!
Are you really doing it? I'm excited to tell all my friends my sis is a bag lady ;P
Post a Comment