CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 7, 2007

My Dad

A lot of you already know that my dad past away on Friday, August 31. In remembrance of him, I wanted to post some of my favorite memories and some pictures.

I can remember all the good times we had together while living in Germany. Our Dad spent lots of his spare time with us. There was a creek near our home that Dad would often take us to. We would look for little creatures and play in the water. I can also remember playing at the park outside our house and playing with the snow in the winter. We would go sledding and make snowmen and snow angels. Those were defiantly good times!! Many afternoons after school, our family would go out to the blacktop behind our house to ride bikes. I remember riding our big wheels and graduating to a bike with training wheels and eventually riding a big bike on my own. There are lots of castles in Germany and I remember taking family trips to visit the castles. That was always a fun adventure. Dad would also go with us on our volks marches at school. I remember one time Dad came along with me and all my friends wanted to be in my group with my Dad.

When we came back to the states, we got to go see all our family. I remember many trips to Tyler, TX to visit my cousins. Dad built us a swing set in our backyard and set up an above ground pool for us. I remember getting the Sega (when it first came out) I was like 7, Dad would want to play just as bad as us kids. It was fun to watch him play and learn how to get farther in the game. I remember family nights at Peter Pipers Pizza, eating and playing video games. We went there one year for Halloween and I won first place for my costume. Dad bought a motorcycle and I remember getting to ride around the block on it. Mom didn't really like us on it, so we didn't go very far. Except for Sean, he got to ride to Tyler on it one time.

After Dad moved to Missouri, we didn't see him very often. But I do remember him coming to visit us after each of our brothers were born. My favorite visit with him was the morning he and Eli took us to IHOP for breakfast. Eli was maybe two years old. We just had a good time. Dad also came home for our graduations and my wedding. I'm glad he could be there for those special moments.

Recently my brothers and I went to Tyler to spend a few days with Dad. We all had a great time and I'm glad we had the opportunity to visit with him so recently. While we were there, he took us to the Brookshires Wildlife Museum, and the Rose Gardens. It was fun to watch Dad play with his grandsons. He sure was proud of them. That afternoon, we played games at our grandmothers with him. We played Scrabble and Old Maid. We weren't sure on the rules of Old Maid, but we had fun playing and teasing Dad for becoming Mom's (our grandmother) Old Maid. We decided to go see a movie after playing games. We all went to the movies as a big family to see a scary movie. I was a great visit.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my memories. Here are some pictures of Dad and us.

0 comments: