CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dining Room to Scraproom

This is what my dining room looked like before I cleaned it out and officially changed it to my scraproom. I did all my scrapbooking on this table and rarely cleaned it up. So as you can see, it was always pretty messy. In November, my husband built some really nice shelves with storage bins in my laundry room. I cleaned out a lot of junk and organized it in the new bins. It worked great, but it was still a pain to get everything out to scrapbook.




So, I asked Jason if he would mind turning the dining room into a scraproom and putting some shelves up for me to keep my scrapbooking supplies in. He agreed that would be ok. When my birthday started getting closer, he kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I told him the only thing I wanted was for him to put doors up on the dining room and build me some shelved to store my paper and scrapbook tools in. He went right to it. The doors went up fairly easily and he decided he would rather buy shelves than build them. We spent one Saturday hunting for the perfect shelves at IKEA, and this is what we came up with. I wasn't thinking of shelves this big, but I LOVE them!! & I love my new room!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

He & Me + 3

That looks awesome....I am so jealous. Good for you.
I'm having a giveaway today at my blog if you can stop by.

Valerie

That's awesome! Good for you! I totally would never use a formal dining area...I'm sooo not an entertainer! Not formal anyway! :)