CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Are Scars Really Cool?

I don't think so, especially as a Mommy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure my baby boy will have one after this weekend. Sunday morning about 10 minutes before it was time to leave the house for church, he fell and hit his face on the side of this speaker.


It split his lip open and there was blood everywhere. I panicked at the sight of all the blood, I tried my best to stop the bleeding and grabbed everything to head to the hospital. Poor Zander freaked out, too. He ran to his room and was just standing there crying. I think he was scared from the blood, he is very scared of blood. I asked him to get his shoes and go to the car, which he did. I felt so sorry for him, he was just asking over and over "What happened to Mason?"


We ended up waiting at the ER for about 4 hours before the Dr. came in to stitch up Mason's lip. He had to have 3 stitches. I'm so glad my Mom was able to take Zander home with her so he didn't have to wait with us. He gave us specific instructions not to let them give Mason a shot when he left. We were unable to make that promise, but we assured him Mason would be ok. It was so hard to watch the nurses wrap Mason up and hold him down. I'm pretty sure he was scared and in pain. I stayed in the room, but did not watch them stitch him up. He cried the whole time, which was hard for me to handle. I just stood behind the doctor, gritting my teeth, trying not to cry. Jason did watch, but he said it made him want to cry.
By the time we got home, Mason was fine. He was happy and playing like normal. I'm just hoping I'm able to keep the wound clean and limit the scaring. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Andrea

That had to be so awful to stand back and watch them "torture" your baby :( I realize much more now how my mom must have felt all the times I went to the ER for stitches.

He & Me + 3

Ouch. Poor baby. That looks so painful. I hope that the scar heals. Both my girls have scars on their faces.

Searls Stuff

Poor little guy! I am sure it looks worse than it feels to him. He is one tough little fellow.